Business-for-Sale Sample Ads
Below are a few Sample Ads set up as examples; just for show and tell and to help you see how you might want your Ad. Immediately below are 5 business-for-sale ads, each presenting the same business, but in 5 different ways. Further below are 3 business-wanted ads, all presenting the same business-wanted in 3 different ways.
Click on any of the ad images below … to make it full size and legible.
Sample Ad Dashboard
Valu4Sale S00222 represents the business in our fullest presentation format, complete with 3rdPartyOnLine intermediation.
Valu4Sale presentation is not so quick and easy. Valu4Sale offers facilities to set out sales and earnings history over the last 5 years (or less), or last 4 years plus current year-to-date, as well as to present current value of the balance sheet, and to present a very simplistic but reasoned sale price valuation basis of balance sheet value plus goodwill value calculated on a multiple of average annual earnings, and Valu4Sale provides the potential to tell a great deal about the business without identifying the business in any manner. A Valu4Sale Ad does take longer to gather the information and compose the Ad, but is designed to present the real material information serious buyers are actually looking for and will be attracted to. Valu4Sale is designed to provide the material information that can generate a great deal of serious and quantified buyer interest in the business, in advance of any buyer/seller exposure or contact.
Biz4Sale S00224 and S00226 represents the business in a mid-level format; S00224 with 3rdPartyOnLine and S00226 without.
Biz4Sale can be just as quick and easy, but generally will not be. Biz4Sale provides facilities to include a numeric and graphic presentation of annual sales and earnings over the last 5 years (or less), or last 4 years plus year-to-date. Biz4Sale also provides for greater explanation of the business; … facilities to simply write in your own words, all that you may wish to say about the business at this particular time.
Ez4Sale S00223 and S00225 represents the business in our simplest format; S00223 with 3rdPartyOnLine and S00224 without.
Ez4Saleis quick and easy. The Ez4Sale presentation can be as brief as “type of business, general location, and contact information” or can be expanded to include sale price and price components and/or to include an descriptive outline of the business-for-sale, reasons for selling, etc., but either way, Ez4Sale is still quick and easy.
CONFIDENTIALITY and NON-DISCLOSURE: 20 years brokering the sale of businesses has taught me “if you have a good business and if you can demonstrate it’s value, then certainly do so,” but take care to do so in a manner that does not prematurely identify the company to the readers. Withhold information that would name or identify the business or name the owner/seller, or locate it or describe it so specifically that someone would recognize it as being your business. Tell lots about what makes the business valuable, and nothing about “who.”
Business-Wanted Sample Ads
Below are three Business Wanted Ads set up as examples; just for show and tell and to help you see how you might want your Ady; each presented in a slightly different way, with 3rdPartyOnLine intermediation and without. Click on any of the ad images below … to make it full size and legible.
If you’ve read menu topics, Why So Much Information and/or 3rdPartyOnLine, you’ve seen that we ask business owner/sellers to incorporate real, material and what will be confidential information into their Ads, simply because that is the real information good Buyers are looking for. We are asking the same of Buyers, because that is the information good Sellers are looking for. We are asking that each help the other find and see the good fit and opportunity in the other as quickly as possible. Anonymity and Confidentiality is available to BOTH through 3rdPartyOnLine intermediation.
Sample Ad Dashboard
- HELP LINKS: To preview the BizWanted HELP Topics, click here.
- Then later, as you are preparing your BizWanted Ad presentation, you will find these same HELP Topics by clicking the HELP menu located in the Menu Bar.
- CONFIDENTIALITY and NON-DISCLOSURE: Anonymity in this process is often less of an issue to a Buyer than to a Seller.
- At the Ad presentation stage, particularly when the Seller is presenting a great deal of Confidential Information about the sales and earning, and other confidential matters of the business, then that Owner/Seller will certainly NOT want to identify the Business. Similarly, presumably, when a Buyer is exposing his/her financial information, that Buyer will NOT want identity to be disclosed either.
- There are comparable reasons why both parties will want and need confidential information in order to begin to gauge their separate levels of interest. Just as the disclosure by the Seller of certain comprehensive business information will provide the Buyer material information with which to begin to quantify the Buyer’s level of Interest, likewise, the Buyer’s net worth statement and background industry and/or business experience will help the Seller begin to understand what the Buyer brings to the table and the potential fit between the Buyer, the Business and the Seller.
- In such case, the disclosure of confidential information while at the same time retaining confidentiality with respect to identity will generally be important to both sides. Sometimes, however, when a Buyer may be known within the industry of the Seller’s business, or even generally known as a good buyer, knowledge of who the Buyer is might be more valuable to the Seller than would the statement of financial and experience information, in which case, it might be more advantageous to place Buyer’s identity front and center and provide little or nothing with respect to financial information.
- But, as a Buyer, if confidentiality and anonymity are apt to be important to you, take care to create an ad that is non-identifying.